Air pollution is really the most hazardous public health and environmental problem that can lead to various serious problems such as acid rain, global warming, and weakening of the ozone layer. The gaseous pollutants present in the indoor and atmospheric air are some of the main causes that create air pollution and affect the health of people and the surrounding region.
Gaseous pollutants or contaminants include carbon monoxide (CO), ozone (O3), sulfur dioxide (SO2), nitrogen dioxide, greenhouse gases, stratospheric ozone depleters, toxic air pollutants, lead, and particulate matter.
The main cause of these harmful gases is the combustion of fossil fuels in the power plants, several industrial processes, equipment, machines, and motor vehicles. These are called gaseous pollutants because they are available in the gaseous form and can affect the human health, equipment working, and the nearby environment badly.
Identifying these contaminants is not possible. The presence of volatile organic compounds cannot be determined by its odor. Controlling these pollutants is significant in case there is no odor to set off objections. The effective gas phase air filtration systems or equipment are the ideal source for the removal or reduction of harmful components and ensure proper ventilation for healthier environment and avoidance of severe diseases.
How gas phase filtration process is effective and useful?
Controlling gaseous pollutants demand specialized products that perform the excellent and complete filtration of air-borne contamination. The gas phase filtration systems are the one-stop solutions for the efficient removal of airborne molecular pollutants from the environment housing systems. These equipments are specially designed to remove contaminants causing corrosion in the electric or electronic circuits, unsafe gases from the atmosphere housing critical systems including server rooms, research laboratories, data centers, cold storage, diagnostic systems, and offensive odor.
Effects of gaseous contaminants
- Ozone can lead to various health problems such as frequent asthma attacks and can also cause cough, sore throat, and difficulty in breathing.
- Carbon monoxide makes it difficult for body organs to get the oxygen they require. Its higher exposure makes a person feels tired and suffer from headache. Even elderly people with heart attack need to hospitalize.
- Higher exposure to nitrogen dioxide make people suffer from breathing and cough. It also affects plants and animals.
- Sulfur dioxide is harmful for people suffering from emphysema or asthma. It also harms crops, trees, damage buildings, and make it difficult to see long distances.
- Toxic air pollutants can cause serious problem cancer and also cause birth defects, skin problem, eye irritation, and breathing problems as well.
- The presence of lead contaminants can be harmful for small children and also increase the chances of kidney problems, strokes or heart attacks.
- The air-borne gaseous contaminants not only cause damage to living things like human, animals, etc, but also affect the working of equipment.
The gas phase filtration equipment is designed considering several existing parameters such as presence of contaminants and their concentration, space availability, flow of the air, and standard legacy systems in the polluted environment. The widest arrays of filters are suited for the efficient removal of almost all harmful gaseous pollutants.
With the growing concern of indoor air quality, more building owners and managers are now considering gas phase filtration systems to remove gaseous contaminants, bad odor, and particulates.